Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and support learning activities for children (age 3-6 years old) in the classroom
- Maintain a safe environment for children, and perform first aid if required
- Provide personal assistance to children for daily activities
- Supervise children outside of the school facility at park and on field trips as required
- Maintain regular communication with parents on the well-being of the children
- Prepare materials for use in the classroom
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Candidate must have an ELCC level 1 or higher https://yukon.ca/en/education-and-schools/early-childhood-learning-and-programs/apply-early-childhood-educator
- Candidate must have experience working with young children (3-6 years old) and have a broad knowledge of child development
- Candidate who has experience with Montessori philosophy would be considered an asset
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and work well in a team.
- Candidate must have a current first aid certificate
- Candidate must have current RCMP security clearance check, negative TB test, immunization records, and a doctor’s note stating they are fit to work with children.
- Candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Expected start date: 2022-08
Salary: $19.82-$36.34 per hour (Will depend on education and experience)
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid sick and personal leave
- Christmas bonus
- Paid Professional Development
- 7.50 hour shift
Please forward your resume, letter of interest and the contact information of two references to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.